Did you ever encounter with a black screen after turning on your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+? After we post iPhone 7 Black Screen Repair Tutorial, there are many readers ask how to fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge turns on with black screen. In fact, it’s a common issue on Samsung Series. When you press power button, the phone stuck with black screen. Yet the buttons were lightened up and the LED indicator was pulsing. So we know its just the screen that fails to wake up.
There will several common ways we will try to solve this problem.
1. Hold the power button and connect the charging cable
2. Boot to recovery mode and wipe cache partition
3. Factory Reset your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
However, if the screen still stays black, it may relate to the hardware issue. That’s what we are going to share with you. Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ black screen - logic board solution.
Disassemble the phone first, and check the logic board. All going well. For Samsung devices, Black screen and other graphics issues are common problems, which are mostly resulted from the damage of OLED relevant inductors. Therefore, our initial judgment - the fault may be related to OLED circuit.
Measure the voltage value of OLED supply with Multimeter. Normal voltage value on C9028 and C9026 means a normal voltage and normal status on OLED supply. Next, measure the diode value on each pin on OLED connector one by one. With no value measured on Pin 25 and Pin 27, we judge there might be an open circuit on relevant circuit related to the two pins. Since PLCD_MIPI_D0_N and PLCD_MIPI_D0_P of CPU are connected with Pin 25 and Pin 27 on OLED connector via Pin 3 and Pin 4 on F9013, our next step is to check whether PLCD_MIPI_D0_N and PLCD_MIPI_D0_P are in normal status. Let’s do it.
1. Removing the shielding cover on F9013.
2. Take out the logic board and attach it to PCB Holder for the detachment of F9013.
3. Measure the diode value on Pin 3 and Pin 4 of F9013, which is normal.
4. Continue to measure the diode value on Pin 25 and Pin 27. Judging by the measured value, circuit from OLED connector to F9013 is in normal status.
5. So the fault may be related to F9013. and we need to replace with a new F9013. 6. Align to the right place and solder with a new F9013.
Assemble the phone and test. Press power button to power on. The phone turns on with normal display and normal touch function. Fault cleared.
Hope you can solve your problem with our repairing guide. Any problems or suggestions please leave us a message. We will try to reply you in time.
Click to watch the guide video of Galaxy S6 edge Plus no display issue
If you want to order the tools used in the video please come with following
REWA is a world leading electronics repair business solutions provider who was founded in 2008 in HongKong. We are committed to delivering one-stop services covering Sourcing Solution, Technical Support Solution as well as Recycle & Resell Solution.